International Degree Students are students who possess a non-ROC nationality and are pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral degree at NTU in accordance with the "MOE Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan".
Applicants who wish to apply to NTU should do so in accordance with the aforementioned MOE regulations. Violation of these regulations will result in the immediate cancellation of the applicant's admission, the deprivation of the applicant's recognized status as a NTU registered student, or the revocation of the applicant's NTU diploma. In addition, no academic certificate will be conferred.
* Overseas Chinese applicants must apply through the University Entrance Committee for Overseas Chinese Student. Please contact the Committee directly for further inquiries.
* Mainland Chinese applicants (PRC passport holders) must apply through the University Entrance Committee for Mainland Chinese Students. Please contact the Committee directly for further inquiries.
◆Academic Qualifications Requirements
International applicants with a Bachelor's degree are eligible to apply for Master’s Degree programs; International applicants with a Master's degree are eligible to apply for PhD programs.
Note: Applicants with a previous degree from Mainland China are subjected to the following regulations.
- The university where the previous degree was obtained must be listed under MOE’s “List of Recognized Higher Education Institutions in Mainland China” (Chinese version only).
- The period of study must fulfil the minimum requirements of Article 7 of MOE’s “Regulations on Academic Qualifications from Mainland China” (Chinese version only).
- One must not meet any circumstances listed under Article 8 of MOE’s “Regulations on Academic Qualifications from Mainland China” (Chinese version only).
International applicants who meet the following requirements are eligible to apply:
Applicants must have never studied in Taiwan before as an Overseas Chinese Student at the point of application nor have accepted the assignation of the University Entrance Committee for Overseas Chinese Students in the year of application. Applicants must apply in accordance with the Ministry of Education (MOE) "Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan."
According to Article 2, "Nationality Act of the Republic of China", a person shall have the nationality of the ROC under any of the conditions provided by the following Subparagraphs:
1. His/her father or mother was a national of the ROC when he/she was born.
2. He/she was born after the death of his/her father or mother, and his/her father or mother was a national of the ROC at the time of death.
3. He/she was born in the territory of the ROC, and his/her parents can't be ascertained or both were stateless persons.
4. He/she has undergone the naturalization process.
Preceding Subparagraph 1 and Subparagraph 2 shall also apply to the persons who were minors at the time of the amendment and promulgation of this Act.
Violation of any of the above-mentioned regulations will result in immediate cancellation of the applicant's admission, the deprivation of the applicant's recognized status as a NTU registered student, or revocation of the applicant's NTU diploma. No academic certificate will be given.
*As defined by the Ministry of Education, the first semester starting date is August 1st and February 1st for the second semester
**The only exception to this rule applies to those who fulfill one of the following requirements in Taiwan and can provide documented proof:：
(1) Overseas youth training courses organized by the Overseas Compatriot Affairs Council or technique training classes accredited by the Ministry of Education n Taiwan
(2) A Mandarin Chinese language center at a university/college in Taiwan of which foreign student recruitment is approved by the Ministry of Education, and to which the total length of stay is less than 2 years
(3) Exchange students in Taiwan, whose length of total exchange is less than 2 years
(4) An internship in Taiwan that has been approved by an authorized central government agency and is less than 2 years
***The stay in Hong Kong/Macao will not be calculated for those who hold a permanent residence status in Hong Kong or Macao.
****As defined by the University, the first semester classes start in September and second semester classes start in February.
The results of this qualification check is for reference only. The applicant's actual qualifications need to be confirmed in accordance with the Nationality Act of the Republic of China and MOE "Regulations regarding International student undertaking studies in Taiwan."
Information from : Office of International Affairs, National Taiwan University
Please visit the website of Office of International Affairs, National Taiwan University for more information.